[thelist] Safari on Windows

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Jun 12 14:29:02 CDT 2007

>   http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2007/06/12.html
>
> It's a little disappointing by his normal standards. In one
> paragraph he
> talks about how "the advantage of Microsoft's method is that it works
> better for on-screen reading", and in the next paragraph he criticizes
> them for being as unstylish as Wal-Mart.

I think he eloquently makes the single point he wanted to make: Apple
did the traditional Apple thing (cool first, practical after) and
Microsoft did the traditional MS thing (practical first, cool after)

No, I'm not trying to start another holy war, just questioning the
disconnect Jason seems to see between 'works better' and 'looks like
Wal-Mart' (which I think could easily fit in the same sentence.)

joel