[thelist] Arrrrg! Problem adding containers

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Tue Jun 12 16:39:17 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am re-creating a desktop app as a windows service. (VB.NET 2005)  On the original application (which i did not create) there are two Imports declared in one of the vb forms:

Imports CrystalDecisions
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Right clicking on either and choosing "Go To Definition" brings me to the object browser, where I see several Crystal components which have been added.  Good enough.  But, in the new application, which is a windows service, in which I am trying to duplciate all of the functionlaity, I can not seem to re-create, or appropiatly add the same Crystal components.

In VS2005 while on the Object Browser Tab, I click on the "..." (Edit Custom Component Set) and then I add the same components which are in the original application.  But, when I think include the same two includes in my new windows service application:

Imports CrystalDecisions
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

They come up with the green squiglies with this warning: "Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'CrystalDecisions' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases."  And when I try to define objects or format types against them, they come up with the blue squiglies and "... is not defined."

I am at a loss for how to appropiatly add the components.  Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks!