[thelist] Need some JS help - unobtrusive popup - based onCLASS not id.

Jon Hughes hughesj at firemtn.com
Fri Jun 15 11:39:51 CDT 2007

I guess I should have explained the end goal.

Basically, when you mouse-over a thumbnail, it will pop up a box. This
box is that detpopupcont class.

So I don't actually want it all to happen at the same time, I only want
the one that is hovered over to pop up, and only when it is hovered
over.

Sorry for being confusing.

----------

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve as usually you would
hide/show the elements with javascript for accessibility reasons, but
anyway...

There are a lot of functions that have been written for the lack of
getElementsByClass, here's one:

http://www.dustindiaz.com/getelementsbyclass/

this will return an array, so now you can loop through that array

var popUps= getElementsByClass('detpopupcont');

for(i=0;i<popUps.length;i++) {

--
Ben Morrison
http://www.benjaminmorrison.com