[thelist] headers output at top of page after cflocation redirect

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Wed Jun 27 11:56:39 CDT 2007

I've got a global 404 handler set up on a ColdFusion site. For the most
part it just says "page not found" and includes the site nav and search
to allow users to locate the content they want. But I also have it set
up to automatically redirect certain pages, mod_rewrite being disabled
at the host.

I've noticed, however, that sometimes when it redirects, the page that
is redirected to seems to have a bunch of headers being output at the
very top of the page. However this text does not appear in the View
Source, although it does appear in the DOM Inspector, as a text node
immediately under the body tag. Also, the headers output don't match the
actual headers that I see under Page Info. Here's what's output:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0