[thelist] Connect to MySQL from a C# desktop application

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu Jun 28 17:49:45 CDT 2007

As long as you have the mySQL ODBC Driver installed, should be pretty painless.

If you've connected to an Access DB via ODBC instead of Directly - then it's the same thing. Should be simple to do a quick proof of concept / "hello, DB" type of mini-app that reads a single table and throws that to the screen / window.