[thelist] .NET and MSSQL data validation

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sat Jun 30 22:54:26 CDT 2007

> I think you can do this just fine with the built-in .NET v2
> validators.

that's good news

> My understanding of the way the page lifecycle works, is that
> .NET will
> reconstruct the control state on the server side when the
> form is posted
> back, and your validation will run against what is valid for
> that particular page state.

if I understand what you're saying, it's not what I'm looking for. what
I need is, when they select the office, immediately, the patchport
select switches to displaying only available ports in the selected
office.

I've done it with javascript, but not server side. in a carefully
controlled environment like this intranet I'm thinking more trips to the
server would be less good performance for the end user.

am I misunderstanding what you're saying? I'm really feeling in the
dark; I appreciate your help understanding this.

joel