[thelist] .NET and MSSQL data validation

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sat Jun 30 22:54:26 CDT 2007

> I think you can do this just fine with the built-in .NET v2
> validators.

that's good news

> My understanding of the way the page lifecycle works, is that
> .NET will
> reconstruct the control state on the server side when the
> form is posted
> back, and your validation will run against what is valid for
> that particular page state.

if I understand what you're saying, it's not what I'm looking for. what
I need is, when they select the office, immediately, the patchport
select switches to displaying only available ports in the selected

I've done it with javascript, but not server side. in a carefully
controlled environment like this intranet I'm thinking more trips to the
server would be less good performance for the end user.

am I misunderstanding what you're saying? I'm really feeling in the
dark; I appreciate your help understanding this.