[thelist] [JavaScript] IE: stack overflow error

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Mon Jul 2 19:57:23 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone else get a 'Stack Overflow error' message in IE 6 or 7 here:
http://tinyurl.com/2bjgz8
(Please don't mention site name or url on list - the force is strong in this list!)

Short explanation:
We use the Google Mini. In order to the layout the same as our site we have to use js to call a php file which document.write's the content to the window (turn JS off in the page and you'll see what I mean). Nasty but essentially it's the only way without creating a proxy page (which I promise I am going to do one day)

Last Friday we started getting the error 'Stack Overflow at line 19' in IE 6 & 7. We've made no changes to any of the js and I'm wondering if other people are getting this.
I've googled for the error, as well as searched msdn and ms.com without any luck.

Any hints welcome
Paul

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.