[thelist] Web Dev Program

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Jul 9 11:40:50 CDT 2007

j s wrote:
> Of course I view stuff in a browser.  But when your code goes over 500 lines it's a lot easier to do some stuff with a gui editor like dreamweaver.
Most webpages can be built in 100-150 lines of HTML.  I'm not talking
simple things, I'm talking full e-commerce pages with shopping carts and
so forth.
The end result will be more than that, but in terms of what you are
working with on a particlaur asp file, is really sounds like your
missing out on content/presentation splits.
info:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_style_and_content

DW is probably adding to your code bloat in the first place.

Learn to use linked external library's, includes for common elements
like headers, navs, and footers..., use functions and calls in your
coding instead of in-line scripting, and so forth, and you'll find your
code getting better, your sites development time decreasing, and your
page loads getting faster.