[thelist] retaining values in forms while alerting use mistakes

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Mon Jul 9 12:16:10 CDT 2007

I have googled myself silly, and have tried a bunch of ways to maintain the
values of checkboxes and drop down boxes when the user makes a mistake. Of
course, text boxes are easy.

I thought I found two simple solutions, but I am putting either a comment or
a php statement within a form element tag, and I get the right side of the
tag (>)
showing next to the check box or to the left of the text in the drop down
boxes.
You can see this here:
http://www.nanharbison.com/braintrust/braintrust-final/company-register.php

I tried putting a web comment in such as
<!--{monthselected1}-->
and replacing this with 'selected' if the user has chosen this month.

I have tried :
<?PHP if (isset $HTTP_POST_VARS[monthselected1] {echo  $monthselected1; } ?>

TIA
Nan