[thelist] Causes of IE6 Crashes

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:17:28 CDT 2007

I have a client testing a new beta version of our a browser-based
application.  The client reports that the application will cause IE6 sp2
to intermittently crash on any of their workstations.  The crashes don't
seem to follow any pattern: some large pages crash and some small pages
crash; some pages will crash three times in a row then work just fine.

What types of HTML problems can cause IE6 to crash?  If I had to guess I
would think HTML syntax errors or JavaScript memory leaks.  What is most
likely the problem?  Is it more likely a problem with Windows or
something else?

Any help or opinions are appreciated!

-- Ken Snyder