[thelist] htaccess quandry

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:54:55 CDT 2007

Ok, I have done the changes to the site, and while the redirects now work,
we have a couple of other odd issues. Looking over the mod rewrite page, I'm
not sure what to do.

You can see the updated htaccess here:

Here's the two strange problems.

1 - most important, the PDF links on our sunday school page (
http://www.crossandthrone.com/sundayschool) don't work now. They are
definitely there though, as usual. Are they being rewritten? The links look
right, but end up in 404s when you attempt to download them.

2 - In the admin section of the site, the CSS is blown out, I get plain
pages. Not a massive deal but makes for lots of scrolling. Can I exclude the
CSS somehow?

3 - Similarly, there are "open and close" sections of forms driven by text
links. They are now all open and do not show the links - related to #1

I'm trying to catch up on mod_rewrite but so far striking out on these
issues. Please CC me at pixelmech at gee mail dot com if you answer.