[thelist] ASP.NET - uploading to server

Mattio Valentino mattio.valentino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:56:06 CDT 2007

Hi Roger,

What kind of specific errors are you seeing?

Config files are often slightly different in a test versus production

In Express, you can't Publish, but you can build, which will compile
everything for your at least.  That gives you the option to copy
everything uncompiled (aspx + cs files) or compiled (aspx + dll

I've found the MSDN help files useful.  I'm also a fan of the Murach's
.NET books.  If you need more help, there are ASP.NET email lists
hanging off of http://aspalliance.com/.  The
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/ site is great, too.