[thelist] PHP RegEx

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Thu Jul 12 08:39:40 CDT 2007

> Will have to look up an explanation of look behind.  I see it on the
> cheat sheet I saved from ILoveJackDaniels.com, but haven't investigated
> the Assertions purposes yet.

<snip>

>> Mastering Regular Expressions, Second Edition
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596002890/
>
> Have it, but my usual approach to reading only what I need to get the
> result I'm looking for isn't paying off as quickly as usual.  RegEx's
> are difficult to get.

I highly recommend these tutorials to get you started a little more
quickly than reading the Mastering Regex book (which, btw, I've heard
nothing but good things about, but like you, I like to learn a little
more quickly):

http://www.regular-expressions.info/

I read their tutorial after I was already somewhat familiar with regexes
and found it helped immensely with my understanding. Also, here's a
great tool for interpreting and testing regexes:

http://weitz.de/regex-coach/

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer