[thelist] ASP.Net Menu Control dilemma

Anna Vester aserev at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 19:47:02 CDT 2007

Hello group,

I have a question for you all. The menu control on my pages works
great; however, I have a question in regards to how ASP.net compiler
works. Specifically, when I view the source code on my web pages, the
menu portion is filled with nested tables. I am wondering if there is
a way to instruct compiler to use unordered lists instead of tables
(for page validation sake). And if there is no way to accomplish that,
what are my choices? I assume, inserting unordered lists manually into
master pages could be an option although a cumbersome one. <shrug>

Also, I noticed that compiler inserts "name='aspnetform'" into the
form tag thus failing the validation as well. Is there a way to
prevent that behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Anna

--