[thelist] ASP.Net Menu Control dilemma

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:06:33 CDT 2007

Hi Anna,

I am wondering if there is
> a way to instruct compiler to use unordered lists instead of tables
> (for page validation sake).

AFAIK there is no easy way to do it.

You can

- either ovverride OnRender method of your page control.
- or you can write your own custom user control that suits your needs.

I know there are standards-compatible user control commercially available --
but I've not tested any of them.

The links below are slightly realated but worth having a look.

[1] "ASP.Net Enforce Web Standards for Better Accessibility"

[2] "Building ASP.Net 2.0 Sites Using Web Standards"

For the oldie listos and listesstes:
After a long time away -- I'm back again ;)

Hope that helps.
Volkan Ozcelik
+>linkibol.com - in seek of quality links bullishly:
+> Going solo in Turkish: http://www.fikribol.com/donkisot/
+> My projects/studies/trials/errors : http://www.sarmal.com/
+> Sardalya JavaScript Library: http://www.sarmal.com/sardalya/