[thelist] rpg iv programming help

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 24 20:43:06 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:05 -0400, Jeremy Coulson wrote:
> Friends!  I am in the running for a promotion which could mean a raise of
> $10k+ to me and a roof for my poor wife and children (I'm not too proud to
> pry at heartstrings).  The catch: I have to show my boss that I can learn
> RPG IV programming for our AS/400 in the next two weeks.  If anyone can
> suggest some excellent books, direct me to some good resources, or come
> spend evenings at the office with me showing me what to do, I would be
> eternally grateful - as would my poor family!

Good luck. Back when my mom learned RPG, it was RPG II on the System/34,
it took her a year, and the AS/400 didn't yet exist except as an IBM
engineer's pipe dream. She suggests <http://www.code400.com> as a
starting point; hope it helps.

(In fairness, modern RPG is becoming, IMO, slightly more
programmer-friendly.)

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>