[thelist] Tip: ySlow - Open Source Profiling tool for web sites

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:39:24 CDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Christian Heilmann <codepo8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>   My parents always told me to invite the neighbour kids when I had a
> cool new toy to share it. Which makes me a very happy bunny that my
> employer now released our internal page profiling tool as a plugin for
> firefox. You can get it at http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/ and can
> immediately test your web sites with it. The report it shows gives
> several easy to change tips how to make the site load and perform
> faster and grades your site from a to f in all these aspects. Don't
> bother any longer with bookmarklets showing the page weight - this is
> industrial strength stuff.

This is very cool, thanks for sharing. I forwarded it to my dev team
and there will be severe penalties if they do not install and use it!
;-)

Some of the suggestions it has are things that many developers do not
even realize (like the HTTP connection # bottleneck).

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA