[thelist] PHP/MySQL zipcode locator script

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Thu Jul 26 13:06:40 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I just have to share this script. I am doing a  website that needs to find
people based on location from a given area. I didn't want to reinvent the
wheel, knowing that lots of store websites give you their closest stores. I
looked at several PHP/MySQL scripts, which ranged in price from $19.95 to
$65, and none of them did exactly what I need to do.
Then I found this and it is too good not to share. It is written to execute
quickly and provides several functions concerning distance.
I hope Micah doesn't mind!

[tip] For a free PHP/MySQL zipcode locator class and  SQL needed to create a
table with the 42,000+ zipcodes in the US, go here:
http://www.micahcarrick.com/v2/content/category/7/1/22/   [/tip]

Nan