[thelist] Virtualizing Mac OS on Win -- WAS: browser emulation

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Jul 27 15:22:37 CDT 2007

>> Has anyone managed to run a virtualized instance of Mac OS
>> on non-Mac hardware?

>Yes, but it's really not worth it. If you absolutely need to test with
>Safari 2 (Safari 3 is available for Windows and behaves exactly the same as
>its Mac OS X counterpart), I'd recommend picking up a used or refurbished
>Mac mini.

Actually I found Safari 3's CSS rendering has a number of improvements over
2, but 2 is still the standard AFAIK.  I use BrowserCam to test so it's not
a dire need, but it would be nice to just have a virtualized instance
locally available.  What tools are available to do this?  Googling just me
gives scads of results about virtualizing Windows on Mac (e.g. Parallels,

Max Schwanekamp