[thelist] Troubles with FAVICON

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jul 30 08:10:55 CDT 2007

Hi evolters,

I'm having difficulties with FAVICON on one of my older sites (not that that
should matter!)  Anyway, I'm running on IIS6 (Windows Server 2003) and am
using IE7 as a client.  I've set up a simple, validated against w3c, page
here:

http://www.genesisce.org/simple.html
https://www.genesisce.org/simple.html

What bugs me is that the https version is showing the FAVICON for me, and
the http version is not.  I've confirmed that this shows the icon:

http://www.genesisce.org/favicon.ico

I've checked the log and it's always a result code of 200.  I've also
cleared both my history and my cache.  The server is set up to issue .ico
files with mime "image/x-icon".

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/