[thelist] Site Check Please

Alex Beston alex.beston at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:24:18 CDT 2007

Hi Jon

Sorry for the late reply.

>> I suspect this: http://www.phazm.com/files/ClientSpecifications.doc
>> will lose you custom.

> Why do you expect that?

I said suspect. I dont *expect* you will lose anything - I had a
feeling is all.

> [...] Because people have to fill something out,

Well yes.  Totally. If im in a hurry to spend my money and get it done
now your form will just irritate and I will move onto someone who will
ask me the questions over the phone and write down what I say. So
youve lost me to someone who will do just that.

It may be a very efficient method but is very impersonal. I do use a
questionnaire myself but only after a full justification and the
prospect happy to obligue.

or I might use if I have a hunch I am dealing with a tyrekicker.

Could be entirely wrong, but it kind of seems like youre wanting
avoiding the client-contractor relationship and get them to do the
work for you.

Perhaps you could reframe the proposition, so they dont feel they must
do it or that they dont feel like they're doing homework set by
teacher.

Anyway, as I say, for every time waster you get off your back youll
put off a certain proportion of genuines that you could have won over
if you'd framed the proposition right.

What happened to wooing the client?

bit mechanical for me.

my 2$