[thelist] Postcode checker...

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:28:04 CDT 2007

Hi all...
I've been asked to calculate how far postcode x is from post code y...
No worries.. as I found this great page...
http://www.easypeasy.com/guides/article.php?article=64

Taking his DB and sample maths, I've created this page:
http://www.tlc-rewards.com/_postcodeChecker/check.php?pointOne=W1U&pointTwo=e1
to test...

But I'm feeling it's not accurate...
So I'm hoping for a little testing? ;-p

Can anyone change pointOne and pointTwo GET variables to the start of
two postcodes you know.
and then tell me if the results are vaguely correct (we're not after
rocket science, but within a mile or 3 would be good)

it's really clever.. if it works..!

Feedback welcome!

I'll share the code to anyone that wants it...
(the source site is a little.. long winded, but good!)

Tris...

--
Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day.
Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.

`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz