[thelist] mail server problems

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu Aug 2 01:51:32 CDT 2007

Brian Cummiskey wrote:

> My server is dedicated, so I guess I am the ISP :)

Not always. I have dedicated servers, but no control over the reverse
lookups for the IPs assigned to my boxen.

> I ran the tool at my provider, softlayer.com, and it gives the following
> results:

I just ran the reverse lookup tool from DNSStuff.com and these were clean:

208.101.57.188
208.101.58.178

and these had issues:

208.101.57.189
208.101.57.190
208.101.57.191
208.101.58.177

All the ones with issues threw an error like this:

[A=None] *ERROR* There is no A record for
208.101.58.177-static.reverse.softlayer.com. (may be negatively cached).