[thelist] Can we detect click event on a flash object?

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:23:18 CDT 2007

Thank you Jeffery and Joshua for your help.

1. Wrapping flash ads in a secondary swf container seems a plausible
solution.

2. A second alternative that comes to my mind is creating a server-side link
like /RedirectAds.php?url=[whatever] and ask ad providers to set this link
as their ad link and then redirect to the url.
This way I believe we will have more control over the process.

I am not sure wheter the ad providers will open their fla files for our
modification.

So I think we are left with the two options above.

Thanks again for your help.
Your pointers were a great time saver.

Cheers,
--