[thelist] Firewall for Vista 64 Bit edition

Arthur Maloney ArthurM at seipas.com
Mon Aug 6 03:29:44 CDT 2007

Hello Ken,

Monday, August 6, 2007, 7:21:39 AM, you wrote:

> Question: What do you want from a firewall product?

> If you just need something to block traffic, then Vista already ships with a firewall.

> Cheers
> Ken

> Subject: [thelist] Firewall for Vista 64 Bit edition

> Hello,

>   Just moved to Vista business 64 bit edition.

>   I've been using ZoneAlarm for the last few years. There isn't one for
>   Vita x64

>   Has anybody got mileage on suitable Firewall alternatives?

Thanks Ken
       1. My instincts are not to trust the MS built in. I have no
       special requirements. Superficially it seems OK and I am using
       it. (using AVast as my anti-virus)

       2. Sometimes get .zma files ( typically 1-2 Meg. In the past
       they opened with ZoneAlarm Client) In Vista I change them to .rar and with WnZip they expand OK.
       (Do you know of any software that Creates/expands these?)

--
Best regards,
 Arthur                            mailto:ArthurM at seipas.com