[thelist] losing irritated / arrogant customers off my books

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:33:37 CDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Jeremy Weiss <eccentric.one at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > 4) most if not all the problems that occured are to do with something
> > > outside of my control
> >
> > But he is your client, and you are in charge of making sure his stuff
> > works. So therefore it really is your problem.
>
> Really? So if I fix flat tires for a living and one of my customers calls me
> to say that his transmission won't shift into 2nd gear, then it's my job to
> fix it?

In the original post, Alex says that there was a power outage. Without
knowing what these things are that were out of his control, my
assumption is that they are still related to the services at hand --
hosting, email, etc.

We have a reseller account that we use for many of our clients. If the
system goes down, I can't fall back on the idea that it's someone
else's fault. Our clients pay us, not someone else. However, our
clients do understand that the hosting environment is run by another
company. But if there is a problem, we get on the phone right away to
find out what's going on.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications