[thelist] client works sheets - good or bad or just

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:55:57 CDT 2007

On 8/7/07, WebMail <java_fella at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Client worksheets work really well when the client needs to
> fully understand what they are getting into.
>
> You do this to:
>
> 1) Set expectations about the budget and scope of work
>
> 2) Make them understand that certain projects will require work
> on their opart for data, content, banking requirements and so
> forth.

I don't think you really mean to suggest you do these two things with
a form. Again, maybe the form helps for documentation purposes, but
these two things need to happen when you sit down with the client to
discuss the initiative (and I think that's what you were probably
getting at).

> The document we seem to live and die by is our ecommerce
> questionaire & worksheets that cover everything from what the
> tax tables need to be - to various shipping options for a
> store... all of which rob you time & money if you cannot get a
> concrete answer out of a client and have to scramble to program
> these later.

This is good, but this is a design activity, not an initial
approach/proposal activity.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA