[thelist] flash video not displaying

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Aug 8 11:37:45 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 08:53, Bob Meetin wrote:
> If someone could verify/deny the problem,  I just added a 30 spot, flash
> video to one of my client's sites.  It works fine for me on both my
> windows pcs, in ff and in ie.  On his pc, he said the video does not
> display.  On my linux pc in FF only the skin/controller displays - this
> could be me not having flash/other installed correctly, i don't know.
>
> I would like to know if you can see anything obvious that would fail for
> a correctly configured windows pc.  i.e. what i did or local to client:

Works fine on Linux/Firefox - did notice though that there are some invalid
elements like the </style> being out of place, div missing a closing bracket
etc.

With any browser, sometimes just the simplest thing that doesn't validate will
cause it to choke, for example I've forgot one time to remove the end of the
characters for a comment --> and kablooie!

Fixing those validation errors would at least eliminate possibles.
--
cheers,

        Mark