[thelist] PHP to Java

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:10:38 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Paul Bennett <Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz> wrote:
> > Why do you assume he is talking about performance?
>
> I can't answer for Charles but I assume it's because the original poster mentioned something like '2M uniques a month'...
> Oh, and he also said:
>  "Main thing is that is should be fast and reliable, and easy to manage code-wise"

When I read the OP, my assumption was that he was talking less about
scalability of performance and more about scalability of the
development process, with a constraint being that whatever solution he
goes with must be able to support his current load.

If the OP is implying that PHP is not fast or reliable enough, perhaps
his company should be investing more money into better IT people
rather than shelling it out to procure a java-based architecture.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA