[thelist] PHP to Java

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Thu Aug 9 15:31:56 CDT 2007

>> Honestly, if they can't scale with PHP, there's not a chance in
>> hell they can do it with Java.
>
> Why do you assume he is talking about performance?

When I hear "pushed to the limits" I think of scalability.  Maybe
performance too, but that not what I assumed or wrote.  "Pushed to the
limits" could also just mean that somebody in management thinks that
nobody's ever been fired for switching to Java.

In either case it'd be interesting to understand exactly which kinds of
(automagic?) scalability or performance improvements the company believes it
will see just by switching languages.

-- Charles