[thelist] PHP to Java

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Thu Aug 9 15:36:59 CDT 2007

> ... I don't think anyone is going into holy war realm.

I certainly don't want that.  I'm sincerely trying to help, and I've seem
just too many projects where developers are tempted to trash everything and
start over, and that's almost never the best solution.

"They did it by making the single worst strategic mistake that any software
company can make:  They decided to rewrite the code from scratch."

Rather than start over, there's lots of less-drastic steps that can be taken
to improve scalability and performance.

-- Charles