[thelist] Website not displaying with 800x600 resolution

Darrell King darrellgking at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 06:38:13 CDT 2007

Jumping in, I like to use a design that looks good from the 600px are up to
whatever. I do this by mixing foregorund and background images, placing
absolutely-positioned elements where overlapping will be acceptable when
width is smaller and ensuring that the widths of absolutely-sized elements
never adds up to more than 600 pixels in one row. Assuming, of course, that
the customer agrees!

So, if I wanted a banner, I might take a 100-pixels-high div, make sure it
tucks into both uppwer corners, put a 200-pixel image on the left and right
ends, then give it a background image that blends the two no matter how wide
the div gets. This is a simplistic example, but hopefully it illustrates
what I mean.