[thelist] AJAX problems in IE (WAS: Re: "firebug" for IE?)

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Aug 10 15:43:56 CDT 2007

Well,
I've tried every tool that was suggested and I still can't narrow it down.

Here's what's happening:

I created an "add to cart" button that puts an item in a shopping cart
via AJAX without leaving the product detail page.
It does the back end insert, and then returns in the right sidebar area
the item(s) in the cart along with the total.

In firefox, it works perfect the first time and every subsequent click
adds another item.

Ie ie6 and ie7, it works perfect the FIRST time it gets clicked, adding
the item.
the 2nd and subsequent clicks, nothing happens.

So, something must be happening to the scripting from the return result set.

The only thing i'm changing on the form or the button is show/hide the
area changes.

I'm getting no errors of any kind in any browser.   I'm absolutely stumped.

Has anyone run into something like this with IE and ajax before?
I have a feeling there might be some cache issues or something that i'm
totally neglecting to look at.

Thanks!