[thelist] Windows WebDAV problem with authentication

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:08:55 CDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:

> Windows XP SP2 disables Basic authentication in the WebDAV Redirector.  To
> re-enable Basic Authentication, add the UserBasicAuth registry entry to the
> following registry subkey, and then set the entry to a non-zero value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters

Did you try this? And/or do you have any idea if it matters what type
of subkey (string, binary, doubleword..) it is?

I've had zero luck so far, other than sending my XP into a death spiral.
Good thing I could just revert to last VMWare snapshot ... :-)

TIA,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com