[thelist] Basic RSS question (I think)

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Aug 23 20:22:16 CDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 18:04, Matthew Bernhardt wrote:
> ..wondering whether its better to have the feed be generated on demand,
> or whether I should set up a process that builds the XML file every so
> often (i.e. every day, or every few hours)?

Building the file at the time you generate the post makes the most sense to
me. The data parts you need are already a part of your post, and probably
accessible within an array for what ever you are using to generate posts to
re-use in your xml file.

A couple good reads on RSS:
http://blogs.msdn.com/rssteam/archive/2005/08/03/446904.aspx

http://www.rssboard.org/rss-profile