[thelist] Video on own site or via YouTube?

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 06:43:16 CDT 2007

> "Luther, Ron" <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> On one hand, I probably wouldn't want to answer inquiries from potential
> investors / venture capitalists by sending them a link to an 'about my
> company' video sitting on YouTube.  There might be some situations where
> that would 'work' but I think there are a lot more where that would be
> seen as a negative.

You can vey easily embed your YouTube videos in the "video section" of
your own website, with the only disadvantage that you will have the
small YouTube logo on the corner.

The other advantage of embedding is that all the childish and obscene
user comments inherent of YouTube wouldn't be immediately visible to
your customers unless they click on the direct link.

You can also promote your website from your YouTube profile, directing
even more traffic to your business.