[thelist] Video on own site or via YouTube?

Danny Goodman dannyg at dannyg.com
Fri Aug 24 09:13:05 CDT 2007

> one major draw back to using youtube, is that you can't moderate
> comments i don't believe.   you might get some nasty remarks from
> someone that could ruin the whole vid if they happened to click through
> to the main youtube page.

If you upload a video and allow comments (which appear only on the YouTube
page, not in the embedded version), when you (as the uploader) view the
video's page, you have the option of removing a comment and even blocking an
individual user from posting comments. I removed a pseudo-death threat
posted by someone who apparently didn't care for my "Mister Spam Man" video.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com
http://www.spamwars.com