[thelist] Extracting a div (with an id) from a page using Ajax?

Jon Hughes hughesj at firemtn.com
Fri Aug 24 10:26:10 CDT 2007

Hello list,

I have only been using Ajax for about 2 days now, and am still very
green.  I am able to pull a whole page using Ajax, but I am unsure how
to pull only a single element, or how to do a getElementById on the
external document, without displaying the entire thing.

The setup:

Page1.htm - This page has a div, with the id of "getThisElement" along
with tons and tons of stuff around it, which I do not want.

Page2.htm - This page contains the JavaScript, and I want to pull the
information from "getThisElement" from Page1.htm

Can anyone refer me to a tutorial, or (preferably) help me through this?

Thank You,
- Jon Hughes