[thelist] lite eCommerce

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 14:30:32 CDT 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 13:32, Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz wrote:

> I call it lite, anyhow.  Client will be selling downloadable books,
> possibly chapters (they would need to dice and spice).  Any
> recommendations on a less -zealous product than zen-cart or oscommerce
> (or cubecart)?  They are not interested in the likes of paypal or
> google
> checkout.  Gotta be a true solution.

If you look at the available payment modules (certainly for Zen, and I'd
assume for OSCommerce too), you'll see that you can indeed use
WorldPay or other bank-based merchant service providers.

They all (the merchant services providers) charge an arm and a leg,
and will tie you up in security audit for far too long, which is why
Zen-based people use PayPal. But this is a feature of the payment
vehicle, not the cart.

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: