[thelist] Viewing updates without emptying the cache

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 18:56:18 CDT 2007

Mark Groen wrote:
> A simple way with static html, is to pretend it's not and add a
> question mark
> and foo after the URI:
> http://www.greatsite.com/index.html?version=new
> same thing can be done with your style sheet rel links.
> You could also use php (for example) to make the foo a time so it constantly
> changes:
> <link href="/style/main.css?ver=<?php echo date('hs'); ?>" rel="stylesheet"
> type="text/css" />
> Or send the right headers:
> http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/faq.html#anchor5
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067
That's excellent. All I need to know and the sort of stuff I would have

Kind Regards
Chris Price

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
while Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

-+- Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd -+-

Choctaw Media Limited is a company
registered in England and Wales
with company number 04627649

Registered Office: