[thelist] enhancing javascript skills

David McCreath mccreath at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:55:06 CDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Nancy Johnson <nancychristine49 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am interested in enhancing my JavaScript skills, which are basic.
> I can manipulate existing javascripts to work for me, but I cannot write JavaScript easily.
> I would prefer an online course or courses and wonder if anyone has any suggestions
> My goal is to write my own javascript.
> I am an expert in html/xhtml and css.

Hi, Nancy --

Despite your stated preference for online courses, I'm going to
recommend Jeremy Keith's book "DOM Scripting"

It's not very expensive, it's aimed squarely at people who are
comfortable with HTML and CSS but don't know JavaScript, and it's very
well written. It'll give you a really solid grounding.

David McCreath
Mule Design
aim: dwmccreath
(907) 227-0966