[thelist] enhancing javascript skills

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Tue Sep 11 18:53:47 CDT 2007

> The last 3 are not covered by any library that has clever shortcuts
> for XPath/CSS selectors or predefined interface functionality like
> toggle or show and hide.

I hear what you're saying.  Personally I like to know what going on
underneath the hood, so I'd never use a library as a substitute.

That said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to other areas.  I didn't
bother with PostScript until Illustrator appeared, and the engine in my
Honda might as well be solid state considering how much I know its
components.

> Dan Webb's presentation at @media2007 was very very good, too.

Cool, thanks for the tip!  I'll look for that.

-- Charles