[thelist] updating multiple related tables simultaneously (ASP.NET 2.0/SQL 2005)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Sep 14 16:32:15 CDT 2007

For example, updating an employee's info touches half a dozen tables. In
classic ASP and my old mindset, I'd create an HTML form pulling all
related data from the various tables, then update each table with any
changed information.

Under the new regime, I'm considering creating a view in SQL with all
the info, and reading from/writing to that view, using .NET's groovy
magic.

Am I thinking correctly or heading down a slippery slope?

Thanks

joel