[thelist] updating multiple related tables simultaneously

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sat Sep 15 15:55:20 CDT 2007

> definitely you should back up your data before testing new
> UPDATE queries

(I wonder if databases at Peterbilt go 'ding ding ding' when they back
up?)

> but hey, what's wrong with updating your tables one at a time
> instead of all at once?
>
> especially since the latter is next to impossible most of the time

eh; works for me. just doing a sanity check, thassall - I'm so often
wrong that I've decided to start checking *before* the tool is completed
instead of all that wailing and gnashing of teeth that goes on
otherwise.

thanks, TronnoMan

joel