[thelist] Joomla / custom forms / SEF

Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Sep 26 10:13:41 CDT 2007

I have a site which is going to require a CMS package and Joomla looks
like the best choice.  It can be had with an integrated shoping cart
module, Virtuemart, which is what customer A needs.

The question - I have a number of custom forms, data collection forms,
some multi-page using header and Location to etch the next page.  I have
never done any genuine customization of any of the CMS packages to
incorporate my tools, forms, etc.  I could use a suggestion or two.  I
did a google and found some links to forms/joomla, but really I could
use some feedback on these if this is the way to go, etc.

http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1828/Itemid,35/

As some of the current forms are already indexed by google, say
www.abc.com/complaint_form.php, will I be able to readily configure
search engine friendly URLs in Joomla to point to my live forms?

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions