[thelist] Presentation software Windows?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Sep 26 18:36:23 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:59:49PM +0200, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
> > > Can anyone recommend some good presentation software for Windows? Not
> > > bloody Power Point, and not anything browser-based, either. I don't
> > > need that many special effects; a basic possibility to animate
> > > somehing would be enough.
> >
> > Impress ( http://www.openoffice.org/ ) is usually a decent bet.

By the way, why not browser based?  I always thought them as too
simple.  But, at the last few conferences I've been to almost all the
presentations were browser-based (js or xul) and actually rather
effective.  The PowerPoint one I remember was almost too busy (not
that you have to use all the effects).

Of course, it was a conference full of geeks, so YMMV.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org