[thelist] how to convert an existing php output in pdf format?help needed..

Bojan Tesanovic btesanovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 01:11:33 CDT 2007

Here is the PDF class that doesn't require external libraries
http://pear.php.net/package/File_PDF

There is no documentation but you can see examples from test folder
or you can see constructor of main Class

here is simple example
$params = array();
$params['orientation']=> 'P'; //portrait  can be also L (landscape)
$params['format']=>'A4' //size of page

$pdf = File_PDF::factory(array('orientation' => 'P', 'format' => 'A4'));
$pdf->open();
$pdf->setCompression(true);
$pdf->addPage();
$pdf->setFont('Courier', '', 8);
$pdf->text(100, 100, 'First page');
$pdf->setFontSize(20);
// Text at x=100 and y=200.
$pdf->text(100, 200, 'HELLO WORLD!');
// Add a new page.
$pdf->addPage();
// Set font to Arial bold italic 12 pt.
$pdf->setFont('Arial', 'BI', 12);
// Text at x=100 and y=200.
$pdf->text(100, 100, 'Second page');

$PDFout = $pdf->getOutput();

//here you can fluch PDFout to browser or save to a file

here are possible values for $params

  * @param array $params  A hash with parameters for the created PDF object.
      *                       Possible parameters are:
      *                       - orientation - Default page orientation. Possible
      *                         values are (case insensitive):
      *                         - P or Portrait (default)
      *                         - L or Landscape
      *                       - unit - User measure units. Possible values
      *                         values are:
      *                         - pt: point
      *                         - mm: millimeter (default)
      *                         - cm: centimeter
      *                         - in: inch
      *                         A point equals 1/72 of inch, that is to say
      *                         about 0.35 mm (an inch being 2.54 cm). This is a
      *                         very common unit in typography; font sizes are
      *                         expressed in that unit.
      *                       - format - The format used for pages. It can be
      *                         either one of the following values (case
      *                         insensitive):
      *                         - A3
      *                         - A4 (default)
      *                         - A5
      *                         - Letter
      *                         - Legal
      *                         or a custom format in the form of a two-element
      *                         array containing the width and the height
      *                         (expressed in the unit given by the unit
      *                         parameter).
      * @param string $class  The concrete class name to return an instance of.
      *                       Defaults to File_PDF.
      */

--
Bojan Tesanovic
http://www.classicio.com/