[thelist] from text to quicktime player

marianna wemac2 at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 13 13:09:52 CDT 2007

with your code another window opens and plays the movie in the browser. i
would like a link that opens quicktime player on the viewer's computer.
that's what i am having trouble with.

here is how i make it happen with a poster movie and javascript:

<script language="javascript">
QT_WriteOBJECT_XHTML('postermovie.mov' , 'xx' , 'yy' , '' , 'controller' ,
'false' , 'autoplay' , 'false' , 'kioskmode' , 'true' , 'href' , 'movie.mov'
, 'target' , 'quicktimeplayer' ); </script>

i know nothing about javascript and so don't know how to incorporate text
into that script in place of postermovie.mov

i hope i was able to explain this.

thanks,
marianna