[thelist] Good Mid-Range CMS Options?

Tim Palac tymartist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:52:35 CDT 2007

Hey list,

I don't post very often, but I definitely appreciate being a part of such a
list and having the opportunity to hear all the great input you have to
offer.

Hopefully you can help me out - The organization I work for, a small
non-profit (75 people or so) is looking for a new CMS.  We're currently
running PaperThin's CommonSpot (yuck!) and looking to move to a similar
mid-range application.  It would preferrably be something that supports
XML/XSLT and works well when integrating with a back end AMS (database).

Right now, our front runner is Ingeniux, but I've been told to keep an eye
out for potential other number 2 options, since we don't have any others
we're that impressed with from a list of Ektron, SiteCore, Hannon Hill's
Cascade, Serena Collage, and Conductor.

If you have any positive feedback on any of our second options for a new CMS
in terms of what we're looking for, that would be awesome.  If you happen to
know of an alternative option for a new CMS in the same price range, that
would be appreciated as well :)

Thanks all!  You're of wonderful help :)

Tim
IM: TymArtist
www.timpalac.com