[thelist] Subversion locking

Steve Axthelm steveax at pobox.com
Fri Oct 19 14:13:46 CDT 2007

On 2007-10-18 Paul Bennett wrote:

> We've got an SVN repository and work with a local copy of our site.
> All has been going fine until a couple, of days ago for my colleague.
>
> > From what I can tell, she has an old lock file on her client setup
> > which is preventing her checking in / updating form one particular
> > directory.
>
> I can check in and update the dir, so we know the repository is ok,
> but I'm guessing something failed (network outage or the like) during
> one of her commits, leaving the client thinking that the dir was still
> locked.

You've tried 'cleanup' on the working copy?

svn cleanup --help
cleanup: Recursively clean up the working copy, removing locks, resuming
unfinished operations, etc.
usage: cleanup [PATH...]

Valid options:
  --diff3-cmd arg          : use ARG as merge command
  --config-dir arg         : read user configuration files from directory ARG

HTH,

-Steve

--
Steve Axthelm